Premium Multivitamin Supplements
Multivitamin supplements are dietary supplements that contain a combination of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. They are typically taken to help fill nutrient gaps in the diet and to support overall health and wellness.
Multivitamins are available in many different forms, including capsules, tablets, and liquids. They may contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, as well as the B-complex vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folate). They may also contain minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. Some multivitamins may also contain other ingredients such as herbs, amino acids, and antioxidants.
There is limited evidence to suggest that taking a multivitamin supplement provides any additional health benefits beyond those of a healthy diet. While it is generally agreed that a varied and balanced diet is important for good health, there is no evidence to suggest that taking a multivitamin provides any additional benefits in individuals who are already consuming a healthy diet.
In some cases, taking a multivitamin may even be harmful. For example, taking high doses of certain vitamins and minerals can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. In addition, certain vitamins and minerals can interact with medications that you may be taking, which can affect their effectiveness or cause adverse reactions.
It is important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplement, including a multivitamin. They can help you determine whether a supplement is appropriate for you and can recommend the appropriate dosage based on your age, sex, and health status.
What are vitamin supplements?
Vitamins are vital to our health and well-being. We need them for our bodies to grow and function properly. For most of us, it is possible to find the 13 varieties of vitamins naturally in whole foods; however, when we can’t get adequate amounts of vitamins from our diet, it is recommended to take supplements. Vitamin supplements make sure our bodies get the nutrients we need to live our lives to the fullest. Nutrition Zone offers plenty of supplements online to keep your body in tip-top shape from the inside out.
What are the benefits of multivitamin supplements?
Multivitamin supplements have a wealth of essential nutrients including vitamins and minerals that benefit our general health, muscle growth, athletic performance, and weight loss.
- General health: Multivitamins boost our immune systems which is our body’s natural defence force. Our immune system staves off illness and disease so it’s important we get enough nutrients to keep our fighters fighting the good fight.
- Muscle growth: Vitamins encourage the repair and growth of muscles.
- Athletic performance: Because vitamins help repair and grow our muscles, the more vitamins and minerals we feed them, the more energy they will have to work harder and longer.
- Weight loss: With this increase in energy and metabolism, our bodies burn off more calories resulting in weight loss.
What are the best vitamin supplements?
- Vitamin-C, the health and wellness vitamin, improves the immune system, athletic performance, energy levels, and fat loss.
- Zinc, the muscle-building vitamin, heightens testosterone/muscle hormones and improves immunity, fertility, and libido.
- Iron, the hemoglobin formation vitamin, assists with the formation of hemoglobin in the bloodstream. We need sufficient iron to survive.
- Vitamin E, the beauty vitamin, is anti-aging, leaves skin radiant, and promotes overall immunity.
- B vitamins, the digestive vitamins, are essential for digestive health and safeguarding us against digestive cancers.
Why should you take a vitamin supplement?
You should take a vitamin supplement because it is a continent way to nourish your body and satisfy its deficiencies. It can be difficult to follow a food guideline and measure out all the food needed to get the right amount of nutrients. For instance, in North America, the daily serving size for fruit is 355-473g, for vegetables, it’s, 473-710g, and for protein, it is 142-184g. The portion is also different for women and men. You could take the time and brainpower to calculate how much you need to eat from each food group to get all the essential nutrients you need to regulate your body. OR you could take a multivitamin that has you covered for the entire day and not think twice about it. This is especially helpful for those with dietary restrictions such as vegetarian and vegan diets, those who are not able to eat at least 1600 calories a day, or those with medical conditions that affect how their bodies absorb or use nutrients. You have so much to think about as it is.
Allow Nutrition Zone to make this one a no-brainer with our selection of multivitamins online. Become a subscriber for discounts and coupons on your order and free shipping on orders over $150.
For more information check out our Multivitamin FAQ page.